From time to time, new scholarship opportunities for Boy and Girl Scouts will be posted to this page.
Fireside Catholic Publishing - Essay Scholarship
Fireside Catholic Publishing is pleased once again to recognize outstanding Catholic High School Seniors who are daily "putting their faith into action". The authors of the five winning essays will receive $1000 cash awards for writing a 750-word essay on how their religious education is influencing their lives.
Please check the website for up to date information!
Important Dates for Scholarship
- December -Deadline for Essays mailed
- April -Winners Announced
Fireside is proud to say "thank you" to the Catholic Schools for their role in the success of our business and our commitment to "quality in religious education". Thank you for making a difference in the lives of your students.
If you have any questions or need further information please call us toll free at 800.676.3264 ext 114 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. View more information on the Fireside Catholic Publishing website.
Emmett J. Doerr Scout Scholarship
The National Catholic Committee on Scouting® has established the Emmett J. Doerr Memorial Distinguished Scout Scholarship to be awarded to five outstanding Catholic high school seniors who are Scouts in a BSA program and continuing their education in college.
- Five separate awards of $2000 each.
- Must be used for the year awarded unless approved by Scholarship Committee.
- Disbursement from the scholarship fund will be made directly to an accredited institution of higher learning at the beginning of the enrollment period.
- The scholarship will be used to defray necessary costs of the awardee's tuition, room or board.
- Be a practicing Catholic.
- Be a full time High-School Senior.
- Be a registered young man or woman actively involved with a Scout Troop, Varsity Scout Team or Venturing Crew.
- Held or is currently holding a leadership role in his or her unit.
- Earned the Ad Altare Dei or Pope Pius XII Religious Award.
- Earned the Eagle Scout or Silver Award.
- Provided service to his or her home parish (Altar Server, Lector, Eucharistic Minister, staffing youth retreats, etc.)
- Held or is currently holding a leadership role in a school or community organization other than scouting.
- Submit an application with four (4) letters of recommendations. One letter each must come from a religious institution, Scouting Unit, School, and Community.
- Submit official high school transcript.
- Submit an acceptance letter from an accredited institution of higher learning, if selected as a Scholarship recipient.
- Provide a 3 X 5 picture with application.
Application: (Click on the links below)