The Spirit Alive Faith Formation Program (Project Book and Awards)
Before you begin:
- Find a mentor for The Spirit Alive Faith Formation Program.
- Please complete the "Declaration of Intent" and "Pledge of Support" in the appendix of your The Spirit Alive project book. Once you are finished with the program, you must attend the diocesan Sharing the Spirit Celebration and then submit your "Application Form--The Spirit Alive Medal" in the very back of the project book before you are allowed to purchase the award. Except for special circumstances, all The Spirit Alive awards are presented at the annual Presentation Sunday service on the first Sunday in March.
Click here to purchase the Spirit Alive Book and other items from our online store.
What: This program will help you grow in your awareness of the Holy Spirit and how the Holy Spirit has manifested itself in the history of the people of God and way the Holy Spirit enlivens your own spirituality. This is a program with an emphasis on prayer, study of Scripture and Documents of Vatican II, and Service to Others. Program must be completed by October 15th each year in order to receive the award March of the following year.
Who: For youth in high school or mature eighth graders who are interested in the Spirit Alive Faith Building Program.
Where: Medals are presented each year at the Cathedral Basilica during a prayer service on Presentation Sunday.
Purpose: Assists them in discovering how the Holy Spirit moves in their lives, calling them to a greater participation in the church’s ministry.
Chapters in the book include:
- The Holy Spirit Alive in Scripture
- The Holy Spirit Alive in the Catholic Church
- The Holy Spirit Alive in Prayer
- The Holy Spirit Alive in Your Life
A separate leader’s guide is provided.
- American Catholic.org
- Article on the Trinity from St. Mary's Press
- Fr. Tom Pastorious Website (This website is packed full of great resouces)
|Service Project Ideas-2010.xls||22.5 KB|