Golden Bow Membership Initiative Recognition
The National Catholic Committee on Scouting (NCCS) is in the midst of a National Catholic Membership Initiative which is a joint emphasis of the NCCS and the Boy Scouts of America. This program has four major goals:
- Organize more units in Catholic parishes and schools
- A significant growth in Catholic youth Scout membership
- A strong emphasis on role model adult leadership
- A quality Scout program for all Catholic youth
A set of Golden Bow recognitions is available for units and leadership working to meet these goals and increase the availability of Scouting to Catholic youth:
- A Golden Bow certificate can be presented at the discretion of (Arch)diocesan committees to adult leaders and committee members who have made a commitment to the Membership Initiative.
- A Golden Bow Achievement patch can be presented by unit leaders to Scouts who recruit a new member to their unit.
- A unit Membership Initiative Streamer can be presented by (Arch)diocesan committees to units increasing their membership by more than 10% (or a minimum or three new members).
The "Golden Bow" symbolizes the arrow shot from a bow straight toward its target. The bow represents leadership and charter partners - the arrow, Catholic Scouting Programs - the target, Catholic youth in our communities. The Golden Bow is a symbol, then, of our intention to deliver quality Catholic Scouting programs to as many Catholic youth as possible by strengthening charter relationships, building new units, and recruiting more youth and adult members. Our goal is to make the Scouting ministry available to every Catholic youth.
For more information, applications and the recognitions themselves, please contact the Office of Youth Ministry.
Download the Application [PDF].